Welcome to my page about therapy. Here, I hope to provide information that will help you to make an informed choice about the therapy that is right for you. If, after reading this, you have any further questions, please contact me via the contact form page of this site.
- Individual Counselling or Psychotherapy
- Couples Counselling
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
I am an integrative therapist and so I have been trained in a number of different therapies, which I can draw upon to meet the individual needs of my client/s. These include:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Humanistic / Person-Centred Therapy
- Gestalt Therapy
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Transactional Analysis
- Brief Solution Focused Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Neuro Linguistic Programming
- Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy
I recognise that fitting therapy into a busy life can be challenging and that budgeting for therapy can be difficult. With this in mind, I offer therapy in a number of convenient ways. These include:
- Weekly Appointments.
- Fortnightly Appointments.
- Monthly Appointments.
I understand that the time of day of appointments may need to be outside of usual working hours. I therefore offer appointments in the following ways:
- Morning appointments.
- Afternoon appointments.
- Evening appointments.
I recognise that there may be a need to fit appointments in on days when businesses might typically be closed. I offer appointments:
Length of Appointments:
- Counselling and Psychotherapy appointments are typically 50 minutes long.
- Clinical Supervision appointments are typically 1 hour and 20 minutes long.
I offer a variety of methods with which you can pay for your appointments:
- Cash on the day of your appointment.
- Debit Card on the day of your appointment.
- Credit Card on the day of your appointment.
- Via the payments page on this site, using a debit/credit card, within 24 hours of your appointment.
- Via your personal / professional insurance policy. (To be agreed prior to start of therapy, only).
- (Please note that I no longer accept payment by cheque).
Duration of Therapy:
Counselling is a shorter-term form of therapy. A course of counselling may run for a few weeks to around six months, depending on the needs of the client and the nature of the issue/s covered.
Psychotherapy is a longer-term form of therapy. A course of psychotherapy may run for six months through to six or seven years. Appointments can run more than once per week, depending on the nature of the issue/s covered.
While I am a Clinical Supervisor with ‘Approved’ status with the National Counselling Society, my work is also overseen by my own Clinical Supervisor. She is a supervisor with over twenty years of experience and she is an Accredited and Registered counsellor and psychotherapist with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). You are assured of safe and ethical therapy.
I offer a confidentiality policy, a General Data Protection Regulation policy and a contract/agreement that sets out what you can expect from my services.
Should you feel that you would like to complain to someone other than myself about my service provision for you, I will provide you with the contact details of my accrediting body.
Once therapy has completed, you would be most welcome to leave a testimonial, giving feedback about how therapy with me helped you in some way.
Free 15 Minute Telephone Consultation:
If you would like to book your free 15 minute telephone consultation with me, if you have any further questions or if you would like to go ahead and book to see me, please contact me via the contact form page of this site, or telephone me on: 07714 308 286 and I will come back to you, usually within 24-48 hours.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Ad. Prof. Dip. PC MNCS (Acc).